Yoga is for people of all ages and physical abilities. At San Marcos Yoga we individualize yoga for each person. Special adjustments can be made for physical limitations and conditions. Individuals progress from pose to pose, class to class and year to year.
San Marcos Yoga uses a systematic progression of poses, as taught by yoga master B.K.S. Iyengar, to develop individual ability. Instruction is adapted so each person can participate at their own level. Precise words, props and demonstration help facilitate learning for people of all ages and physical abilities. As a result, even within the class, each person’s practice becomes singular and personal. The objective is to cultivate this endeavor for health and well-being.
At San Marcos Yoga we embrace yoga’s power to transform body, mind and spirit. Our goal is that each student also experiences the joy of practicing yoga for life.
Benefits of Practicing Yoga: Why Practice Yoga?
- Yoga is an approach to self-study and transformation that brings physical, mental, and spiritual well-being
- Yoga develops and increases strength, stamina, and concentration
- Yoga is a practice that is suitable for everyone. People of all ages and physical abilities can greatly benefit
Yoga has many benefits:
- Relieves stiffness
- Relaxes and refreshes
- Improves mental acuity and stamina
- Enhances personal productivity
- Reduces stress
- Brings an element of GREAT to your day!
Yoga and Your Health
Many studies have been done about yoga’s positive impact on health. Iyengar Yoga has been shown to not only improve general health and well-being, but has also been studied for its effects on
- Anxiety & Depression
- Back Pain
- Bone Health
- Cardiac Health
- Carpal Tunnel
- Ovarian Cancer
- Restless Leg Syndrome
The Iyengar Yoga National Association of the US has published many of these studies, which you can find on their website.