What is a home practice of yoga?
The words used in previous flyers is as true now as it was then—clearing your cache, i.e. clarifying any mental & physical obstacles and refreshing your screen, i.e. recalibrating your energies. Home practice isn’t about touching your toes, it’s about your ‘well’ being and how your well-being lives in the world.
The 2 major ingredients are the same:
1. Practice for a long time, not spasmodically and
2. Practice should be uninterrupted – 1 year, 40 years, a lifetime.
The Practice Protocols remain unchanged–
- Create a place and open your mat
- Same thing, same time each day to begin
- 10 minutes > 20 minutes> 30 minutes, etc. Let your practice advance/upgrade itself
- Don’t get bored or beat yourself up, just begin again
Then what has changed? You, me, our lives—every ‘thing’ changes. So we adjust, realign, sound familiar? It should, this is what we do in class all the time. Of course your old beginner hand-outs are still good, but we’re going to up the practice ante just a bit. We’re going to expand our understanding.
Join me for our 3-part Yoga Home Practice course…
- 3 Fridays, 1:00p-4:00p—May 3rd, July 26th, October 11th
- Purchase all three–$275
- Purchase singly–$99
- If you are an Annual Member one of these can be used as your “1 class free” premium